Diabetic and refused PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diabetic and refused PIP

Options
bubbles861
bubbles861 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Insulin dependant and had DLA since diagnosis as a child now refused PIP. I want to appeal, Has anyone had this done to them too?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. It's totally different to DLA.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Evidence should be sent with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. Do be aware that most MR decisions stay the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date.

I'd advise you to have a read of this link so you'll have a better understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bubbles861 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear this and I appreciate how upsetting this can be. I hope the information that has been provided has helped. 

Here is some information about the appeal process. 

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask. We have had many people who have been in your situation.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.