Hi, I'm Nicola x — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Nicola x

nicolamkerr
nicolamkerr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, just joined. Recently started using a wheelchair so just thought I'd pop on to see if anybody else is in a similar situation and has advice maybe? Not sure what to ask lol. X

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @nicolamkerr I'm Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. Welcome to the community. I'm a wheelchair user myself,and i'm sure many of our members will be in a simillar situation to you so feel free to ask whatever you need to. 

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @nicolamkerr
                             Welcome to the Community, thank you for joining us. How are you?  Please feel free to ask questions and have a look around the forum. There are lots of lovely people on the community who I am sure will be able to answer any questions you may have. I too am a wheelchair user so if there is anything I am able to help with, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. Thank you. 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Hello. I am Emily and i have bpd and possibly autism too they are very unsure! 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @nicolamkerr   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am sure will meet many of our members who will be in touch to offer what help and support, advice they can give you.

As you have already.  Been offered a lot of compassion and kindness.

We are a friendly supportive community . Care and share.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our forum and website.

Please ask if we can help with anything.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care. I hope you enjoy your time with the community.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kami24   I am one of the community champions is there anything you wish to know or can I be supportive.

You mentioned your diagnosis.  Please if you wish to chat or talk about anything please get in touch.  If that helps.

You could PM if you want to .

Just being concerned.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • nicolamkerr
    nicolamkerr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou everyone for responding ❤ x
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicolamkerr and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I too use a wheelchair, a lot of the time outside.  You will find many supportive, friendly people on here as you probably already have discovered.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends along the way.  There will always be someone to chat to on here.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum in the future.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited October 2019
    Welcome to the community @nicolamkerr!
    It's great that you've found us. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything you need advice or support with! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicolamkerr and welcome to the community! How are you feeling today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @nicolamkerr. :)
    Scope

• Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Hello and welcome   @nicolamkerr
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @nicolamkerr
                               How are you? How are things going? I hope that you are ok and if you wish to talk or ask questions please just ask. It can be difficult to adjust to using a wheelchair and it is not just the practical side, it can also have an impact emotionally. Please may I ask are you in your wheelchair full-time? Please remember if you feel like you need to talk, there are many lovely people on the forum who will be here to listen. Thank you. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.