Become business owner — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Become business owner

tyler30000
tyler30000 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Thinking of starting a plc business. While on esa would I be able to still work the 16hr limit and could I have anyone else on the owner list who are also on benefits but not working any hours. 

Comments

• tyler30000
    tyler30000 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited October 2019
    I am considering creating a plc busness as owner would is be able to work the 16hrs limited and could I have anyone else who is on benefits on the board not working any hours though. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This will be classed as permitted work and you must work less than 16 hours per week and not earn anymore than £131.50 per week. You must get permission and fill out a PW1 form from DWP before you start work.

Do also be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons you're claiming ESA then you could be reassessed early and it could go against you once the decision is made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @tyler30000

A very warm welcome.

Suggest you speak to your bank for specific advice.

All High Street banks have business development advisors.

Remember Bill Gates started his business aged 17 years, in his parents garage.

The rest, they say is history!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tyler30000 and a warm welcome to the community! How are you getting on? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.