Non epilepsy seizures, incontinence and severe depression. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Non epilepsy seizures, incontinence and severe depression.

Bennyboy1928
Bennyboy1928 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Hi. Does anyone suffer from the above? If so did you attend a tribunal? Can you give me any tips on my upcoming tribunal? Thankyou ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The questions you're asked during your hearing will totally depend on your case and how your conditions affect you and because of this no one can tell you what they will ask you.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors and because of this you can't compare 2 people, even if they have the same diagnosis because we are all affected differently.

All i can tell you, is that you will have to speak for yourself during your hearing unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to speak for you. If you take someone with you they may be asked at the end if there's anything they want to add but this doesn't always happen.

You need to make sure that any extra evidence is sent to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date, otherwise you risk your hearing being adjourned. You will also need to take your "bundle" with you.

It's not always possible to have a decision on the day. If this happens, it doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made that day and they will write to you with a decision within a couple of days.

Do be aware also that they won't be able to take into consideration any worsening of condition since the original decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bennyboy1928
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Be honest about everything and dont put on a brave face as they need to see you and the depression and how it affects your life. I have bpd emotional issues and possible autism too. They took 2 minutes to access me as they could see by talking to me that I was worse than what they thought and what was on paper anyway. I hope someone is going with you as you have to wait alone and there are up to 4 medical professionals sat looking at you which can be intimidating 
  • Bennyboy1928
    Thankyou so much. My nephew is coming with me. Fingers crossed ? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.