My struggle with money and mental and physical disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My struggle with money and mental and physical disabilities

Sim1y3
Sim1y3 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Hello everyone my name is Simone Taylor I was diagnosed with autism and anxiety and learning difficulties as well as speech problems at a young age j never had any friend growing up because np one understand me. I attended a special needs school I like being in the sensory room the most with my ear defenders on I don't cope well with bright lights and smells and loud. In 2016 I started having trouble with walking bending and back pain doctors said I was making it up when me and mum tried to get help even now I have no idea what is wrong now I have to use a wheelchair but it get badly damaged so I can't leave the house with it. I wasn't a big fan of going out anyway I feel safer at home. People don't understand autism and how it affects everything I struggle to talk to anyone and not good with feelings. People tell me I laugh at the wrong time but I don't mean to. I was awarded DLA for life got letters about pip had to apply mum filled my forms got letter about assement I was too sick to atend so I got rejected for PIP. Thenmy other money was also cut so I don't have much. I guess I just wonderd if anyone else is struggling with anything. I may struggle to speak but I always good listner. 
Thank you 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and nice to meet you.

I can’t really help with anything but I understand what you are going through. I have autism and anxiety and indeed a lot of people don’t understand it. Similarly I had no friends growing up and got bullied a lot at school. I have a few friends now that I met at a support group, maybe this is something you could try? It took immense effort to make friends but I can assure you it is worth it. 

Personally I find small talk hard as I never know what to say but if there is a topic of conversation that I know about then I can talk. I don’t know if it’s the same for you?

I feel safer at home as well but I get so bored! I always want to go out but can only go out if someone comes with me so I feel like a real burden.

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sim1y3 and welcome to the Community.   It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear that you struggle at times and am sure that you will find some of our members can relate to what you are going through.  You will find a lot of support here on the Community and find it to be a very friendly place.  I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and look forward to seeing you here.  If there is anything we can help or support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Sim1y3 and a really warm welcome to the community! :smile:
    I'm sorry to hear that you were rejected for PIP? Did you try to appeal the decision?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • LadyonWheels
    LadyonWheels Community member Posts: 8 Courageous
    Hi there. 
    Have you and your Mum been to Citizens Advice? I had my appeal done with words that made more sense and were typed up. I got my PIP after enlisting CAB help. It's worth it and it's free advice x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.