If you could do any job putting aside your disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you could do any job putting aside your disability

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,596 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2019 in Coffee lounge
and disregarding any required qualifications, what would it be?

For me it would be a pilot or an astrophysicist. 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For me it would be a air stewardess. For my partner it would be a teacher (he has undiagnosed moderate dyslexia). Interesting question. 
  • Tony246
    Tony246 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    I met a pilot a couple of weeks ago when I was fishing. He told me he wants to be a police traffic officer because his job was boring. 

Food taster would suit me
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Balloonist, pilot, astronaut, novelist or illustrator please. Let me know when you find someone who'll take me on @66Mustang!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Great responses so far. :smiley:

My other idea was army ... all the opportunities sound great. If a commercial pilot is boring maybe then I’d combine them and be a RAF or army pilot. :smiley:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A Paediatric neurologist; a Michelin star chef; writer; artist.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe I had the perfect job before this rotten gate crashed came into my life.

For 12 years I worked on local tourism.
    In Halifax and I ran the wonderful Piece Hall Tourist Information Centre. We had visitors from all over the world. I learned a bit of Japanese and my school girl French and Spanish came in handy too.
     I also ran the Hebden Bridge centre too. Another chance to meet people form all walks of life.

Give me my legs back and I`d do exactly the same.....
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a few a food critic a travel reviewer or hotel inspector. More serious occupation a lawyer. Or a more relaxed job a sun bed attendant in some tropical location 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would love to be a wedding planner, Support for patients who are in Intensive Care, and their families. 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd love to be a secondary school teacher, an occupational therapist or writer.

But sign me up to the online community astronaut adventure!!!  :D  
    Scope

• April2018mom
    Options
    I think my son and daughter would be a toymaker or a toy shop owner. Last time we took the twins to the local toyshop at the mall, they loved it. The twin’s bedroom is full of all kinds of toys. I must sell some soon. 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Options
    An interesting question,
    1)Nuclear physicist at dawn of nuclear era- no tickling dragons tail.
    2)More down to earth a job with a gold plated final salary pension with an new car every 3 years and a middle class lifestyle with the holidays I could never afford Disney Land USA, Space centre.
    3) A secure lifestyle with no worry of bills though door or dreaded Brown envelope with DLA stopped at any time. Every day I wonder the impact on our children of scraping by.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    Maybe a job where getting a brown envelope isn’t dreaded but in fact a nice bonus, like a politician :wink::smiley:
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Maybe a job where getting a brown envelope isn’t dreaded but in fact a nice bonus, like a politician :wink::smiley:
    Suitcases full of money, exotic locations travelling the world with beautiful women 
    ahh

Mr Bond
    or 
    A Bond Super Villain and simply liquidation of Bond rather than playing with him and allowing him to Escape.

How about a Royal-you can race cars, have jet set lifestyles and are a state sponsored scrounger, but perfectly ok as Royalty
  • Craftychoco
    Craftychoco Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    I would go back to my previous job before I became ill, which was working with under 5s either I  preschools/nursery, especially in a SEN role.
    But I would like to do that part time and the rest of the time I would go professional making cards and crafts to sell at craft fares etc. 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    Options
    Willy Wonka and chocolate factory seeing as in the fictional section.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Some great ideas!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.