Milestone Achieved! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Milestone Achieved!

Options
April2018mom
April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
My son finally managed to memorize the whole alphabet today. We have been working on this for about six months now. I’m so thrilled for him. Next up on my list of goals, making sure he memorizes our landline number.
What milestones have you celebrated recently? Were they expected or not? This is a huge achievement on his part. All milestones big or small have to be celebrated, right? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @April2018mom   Fantastic to hear well done.

I have always said every one has a goal an aim. Whether to improve their lives. Despite being disabled or illness or conditions.

My favourite sayings  I use all the time.

If you throw stones in your path do we go around or over or do we stand still.

Success comes in cans not can nots.

As a reformed alcoholic for thirty years every day is a milestone a blessing sending prayers to those who continue to fight the itch the struggle to stave off .

It is always going to be there. No matter how stressed or anxious.

No tells you this but add to that the achievements I have made every day.

Continue to day. Being a community champion supporting my friends and the community.

Achieving small victories in health and on wards my journey I go.

If I stumble or fall know the power I have is to use my faith my prayers. The love and warmth from my friends on here.

To all those who are suffering and are in pain I will continue to praise give them reassurance and lots of compassion. Empathy and sensitivity to understand .. 

Have the tools to make others achieve their own goals and aims in life.

You can do so much.

I know as a thirty years wasted now is the best time and feel inspirational to heal and give my time to others.

Who wish to move forward.

Life is an opportunity and is very short.

Wish every one to think about what they want to achieve, how I can I move forward. Happy to help reach that goal that achievement. No matter how large, small or insignificant. 

Will always support you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic achievement for your son, @April2018mom!  You must be very proud of him.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks. This was written some time ago. I am re posting it however. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.