If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Blue badge assessment

Going for assessment today for a blue badge. I think the fibromyalgia is at a level that it is the best it will get, and I am still needing to use a walking stick all the time now, and not able to walk far before I get tired and am in pain.  I have my fingers crossed. 

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 6,690Administrator Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @tigerspirit! I hope today goes well and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 5,086Administrator Scope community team
    How did you get on @tigerspirit? I hope it went well!
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
  • Bolton135wBolton135w Posts: 4Member Listener
    You should be fine in getting the blue badge
  • tigerspirittigerspirit Posts: 2Member Listener
    Yes. I went for assessment and no problem.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 16,474Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Chobbly said:

Ive heard blue badge application is alot harder now? ie more involved..

Im on my second one, that runs out in 2021...and havent ever had to meet anyone?....Are the new rules changing to having to have a face to face?
    I believe you're claiming Enhanced mobility PIP, is this correct? If it is and you scored 8 points or more in the moving around part then this automatically qualifies you for a blue badge. When it's due for renewal you will need to send your PIP award with your BB application. No assessment is needed.

If you scored the points in following and planning a journey then you'll need to look at the criteria for your local council.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 16,474Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Chobbly said:
    Chobbly said:

Ive heard blue badge application is alot harder now? ie more involved..

Im on my second one, that runs out in 2021...and havent ever had to meet anyone?....Are the new rules changing to having to have a face to face?
    I believe you're claiming Enhanced mobility PIP, is this correct? If it is and you scored 8 points or more in the moving around part then this automatically qualifies you for a blue badge. When it's due for renewal you will need to send your PIP award with your BB application. No assessment is needed.

If you scored the points in following and planning a journey then you'll need to look at the criteria for your local council.
    Thanks Poppy, once again 👍 to the rescue!

Yep Enhanced care and mobility...

Ironically zero points for planning journeys...Im great locally ,so no issues there..

My first and renewed blue badge were all based on my m.e/fibromyalgia and spinal issues..
    As always you're welcome. You won't need to base it on anything because you will automatically qualify with the PIP mobility award and this will be all that you will need, along with the payment.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 6,690Administrator Scope community team
    I'm glad the assessment went okay @tigerspirit. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.