Support group and CB or IR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group and CB or IR

Bevm
Bevm Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I have been on esa since 2015 originally placed into wrag then moved to SG I've read that once in support group you revert back to contribution based ? I'm hoping to get married in 2 years and there is no way my partner would be able to support me if I'm on esa IR  I've worked all my life until I became ill can any one confirm if it's TRUE I will be on CB as I'm in SG 
Many thanks  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi,

As you were placed into the WRAG when you were first assessed for ESA once that CB ends after 365 days then you would have been placed onto Income related. When you were placed into the Support Group 4 years later then it will not change back to Contributions based, you will continue on all Income related.

Can you confirm where you read this please?

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevm
  • Bevm
    Is there anyway I can go back to contribution based I dont understand how although I'm unfit for work they will stop my money although I worked all my life it makes no sence my partner will not earn enough to support both of us he has 4 children and I an not well enough to go back to work 
  • Bevm
    And I found the info on the yourable website
  • Bevm
    I will need cancal wedding and never live together as there is no way we could survive
  • poppy123456
    It's possible that you could be entitled to Universal Credit when you do get married but it will depend on your circumstances at that time. There's a lot to consider for example, where will you live, will be rented accommodation or mortgage? If it's rented then you maybe entitled to help with the rent, if so then it will be Universal credit you will need to claim as a couple.

It will also depend on household income, will the children be dependent? and will they be living with you? 2 years is quite a long time off to be honest.

Have you rang DWP to ask exactly what it is you're claiming? they will tell you for sure because i'm not convinced you can go back onto Contributions based because this would have ended when you were in the WRAG.

I know you've posted a screenshot what you've read but i can't find anything at all on the internet that states this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bevm
    I have read this also where you can ask to go back to contribution based once in support group

• poppy123456
    I'm sorry but that doesn't relate to your circumstances. Please ring DWP and ask what exactly it is you're claiming and they will tell you. As advised, 2 years is quite a way off...
  • Bevm
    It does relate to my  circumstances as in reverting back to CB after being placed in SG
     IM CONCERNED ABOUT RINGING AS THEY MAY START TRYING REASESS  ME AGAIN 
  • poppy123456
    They won't reassess you by just ringing them. I've recently moved house and rang them to change my address and everything was fine.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your support here @poppy123456. :)

I hope this has helped @Bevm and please let us know if we can do anything else!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.