Pip tribunal 2019 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal 2019

nay1993
nay1993 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help with me questions. I had my pip tribunal today and won my pip back. I was told I would receive the same rate as before but there was no mention from the tribunal of when my monthly payments would start or if I was going to receive a backpay from my pip being stopped last August. I was told I would be awarded pip until 2021 and given a letter or confirmation. I then went so would somebody please be able to tell me or I will receive backpay from when my pip stopped and when will my monthly payments start again. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on the Tribunal win!

You will receive backdated payments from the date your PIP stopped. It takes 8 weeks to receive backdated money and about the same time to put your award into payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nay1993
    Ok so both around the same time, thankyou for the reply 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @nay1993, this is amazing news, thank you for letting us know!
    Scope

• KelMarie
    KelMarie Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    edited November 2019
    Thank you for that was wondering the same thing myself as I win my on Friday but mine was done by paper without me being there got my letter Saturday the very next day 
  • nay1993
    Hi kelmarie do you mean you received confirmation of the getting your pip back? I was given this too on the on the day as I attended but nothing about payments so I suppose we just have to wait now 
  • KelMarie
    On my letter is says I have been award it from the 6th June 19 which happens to be the day they stopped it but I'm going to phone them tomorrow just hate it when you receive a letter on a weekend & they are not open. To talk to will message again when I have find out more 
  • KelMarie
    Been looking online but everywhere is saying between 6 & 8 week 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    KelMarie said:
    On my letter is says I have been award it from the 6th June 19 which happens to be the day they stopped it but I'm going to phone them tomorrow just hate it when you receive a letter on a weekend & they are not open. To talk to will message again when I have find out more 
    Hi,

It can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win. See your other thread here, where your question was previously answered. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/65416/pip#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nay1993
    edited November 2019
    I’m not sure if the letter i received at the tribunal is an award letter or not but it says on it that I won my tribunal on the 31/10/2019 and I’m entitled to the daily living components at the standard rate from the 12/08/2018 from when it stopped to the 11/08/2021. Ive been reading up and everyones payments are different some have been paid 3 weeks after some 6 some longer so suppose it just depends on the time of year and how busy they are 
  • KelMarie

This is part of the letter I received yesterday about mine is your like it at all
  • nay1993
    edited November 2019
    Yes mine is exactly the same so guess we just wait now x
  • KelMarie
    I'm no good at waiting need to know will phone tomorrow (MONDAY) that is & ask them myself I'll let you know also as should be around same time for you also 
  • nay1993
    I was going to give it till the end of November but yes let me know what they say please as our tribunals were around the same time 
  • KelMarie
    Will do as soon as I find out anything will let you know
  • nay1993
  • KelMarie
    Hi nay1993 
    Just got off the phone & they have said that they haven't received any correspondence as yet for the tribunal service but when they did it can take upto 4 weeks for them to action it then I'll receive a letter from them saying if they owe me any back pay & when it's going to be paid into my account as said to try again at end of next week to see if they have received it will keep you updated then
  • nay1993
    Thanks for getting back to me, I rang them this morning and they said they received my notes from the tribunal service the very next day but they have no other information as of yet so to give them a ring in around 3 week time for an update unless I hear from them before this time so I’m sure we’ll both hear something from them by the end of the month 
  • KelMarie
    Hopefully we both will 
  • KelMarie
    Nay1993 don't know why just something telling me to phone again today & I'm glad I did as when they answered they told me that the case manager had some questions before they can continue with it now been told ishould hear about payment in two weeks or less questions where
    1. have you been in hospital or a care home since your payments ended
    2. Have you been aboard for so much time since your payment ended 
    3. Have you been in prison since your payment ended 
    As these may affect the amount they owe

• nay1993
    edited November 2019
    Good job you rang them.. Well sounds like good news! Did they confirm your bank details? 
    Im going to go give them a ring now and see if they have any news for me. What shall I say? And do I ask to speak to a manager? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.