Im new — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Im new

flashgordon
flashgordon Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, im new here and i thought i would say hi.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @flashgordon welcome to the community! Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • flashgordon
    Im 47 and had a Avm bleed when i was 35. I took about 4 years to recover to a stage where i felt i needed to return to some sort of limited work, i got bored! 
    I have done this with a lot of help and everything was going ok. Untill i changed from dwp to pip! They waved a magic wand and now im fully ok! Hahahaha i was refused. I need advice and lots of help as im not the most educated person. Thank you.
  • flashgordon
    Should of said.
    I have permanent double vision, ankle pain. Neck pain, back pain, knee pain, both arms pain. No balance on right hand side, headaches all the time, very emotional, get tired very quickly, memory is shocking! But i hide all thos and stiĺl smile!
    Just feeling a bit cheated as the pip say im ok.
    Even my doctor has written me a letter and given me a sick note to work 20 hours a week.
    He has known me before and after the bleed and knows what sort of guy i am.  Just having a rant. Lol sorry.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @flashgordon and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for. Will you be appealing the decision?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @flashgordon and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear about your PIP decision.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and if there is anything we can help you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.