Blue badge change of address — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge change of address

Ems81
Ems81 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi there,
I have recently moved house and was wondering what to do with regards to my blue badge. I'm now in a different county and so under a different council area. 
I understand that the Blue badge scheme is nationwide but does anyone have any advice as to what I should do, i.e. should I carry on using my badge under my old address until it expires? Or do I contact the council in my new area to start a whole new application process? 
Many thanks ? 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ems81

Interesting question! For an address change within the same council area, the website says to  contact your local council to change the details on your Blue Badge. 

But I'm not sure if you are changing area and council. Your best bet would probably be to contact your local council and ask them.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ems81
    Thank you @sam_scope
    I've changed area completely and so I now don't fall under the council who initially issued me with my blue badge.
    I've contacted all the usual places you have to when you move but I'm a bit unsure of this one so it has got me thinking. I will call later when I'm able to.
    Thanks again 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Will you let us know what they say? I'm moving council areas soon and I'd not even thought of this so I'm sure there are lots of other people in the same boat!
    Scope
  • Ems81
    Yes I will do, no problem at all ?
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Sam_Scope

Found this about moving house in NI.

If you change address in NI, you don’t need to change BB, until you are renewing BB.

Best bet would contact BB scheme after moved address.

My scheme email you six weeks before badge expires.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for this @atlas46. :)
    Scope

• Ems81
    Thank you @atlas46
    I have spoken to both my old and new council and they have said that it will be a simple case of transferring my new address across. 
    My new council just need proof of my address which will be on my new council tax details, this is being processed at the moment. They will then contact the council who originally issued me my badge and I will be sent a new one through the post registered to my new address.                                So no new application process to go through which is a relief! 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Oh fantastic! Thanks so much for letting us know!
    Scope
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Ems81

Great stuff, thanks for letting us know.

Confession time!

We moved house four years ago and I never changed my BB details, until it was due for renewing!

• Ems81
    @Atlas46 that really made me giggle.
    Knowing me I probably would have done the same, it's simply due to the fact that I was only issued it in September and I'm still getting used to using it. I was sorting some paperwork and I came across the instruction  booklet that came with it so it crossed my mind that I should probably check it out 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for letting us know @Ems81! Great news. 

I’m sure you’re not the only one @atlas46:D
    Scope

• popinjay
    popinjay Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Ems81

Great stuff, thanks for letting us know.

Confession time!

We moved house four years ago and I never changed my BB details, until it was due for renewing!
    I am the same moved in February just realised we haven't changed our address

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    @popinjay you've posted on a thread that's 2 years old.
    As already advised in the thread, your BB just continues and when it's due for renewal you apply through your new Local Authority.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.