Food Banks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Food Banks

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
As we are well and truly on the run up to Christmas now, and the food bank volunteers will soon be collecting food donations in the local supermarkets, I would like to say a big public THANK YOU to all those volunteers  nationwide and perhaps more importantly, to all you kind and wonderful people who donate, some on a regular basis.
As a regular client of a local food bank, just want you all to know you are very much appreciated throughout the year.

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Good morning Franstrahan,
    What a lovely message to send out.
    We had had a few difficult years when awaiting the outcome of the benefits system. We made a pact from then that we’d always ,somehow, make a donation to our local food bank.
    Times are hard for a lot of people working, sick or unemployed. Christmas is such a poignant time and I believe that all should have a little extra, all be it a very special religious time which is important to me.
    We’re on a limited budget, so what we do is this, from September every time we shop we add one extra item plus another extra item for us towards our Christmas goodies and put the other one in a goodies box for the food bank. It’s all about sharing.
    Again Franstrahan what a lovely message, thank you ???

• Bettahm
    Thank you for being one of the donaters. Matthew 25:35
    I do know a lot of people who have benefited from food banks do donate once they are back on their feet. And those with the time volunteer as well. 
    Thank you for making a difference.
  • Bettahm
    That's in answer to Gwendoline1, forgot to say
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Franstrahan,
    If everyone gave 1 or 2 items it would make such a difference. 
    It’s not about expensive items, it’s what you can afford.
    I look for special offers or buy one get one free. One for me and one for my box haha.
    Take care ???

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.