Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

tinka1992
tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
So in under mental health but was talking to my cpn nurse she said one day I will get discharge as mental health serves have changed now but I am worried will I lose my pip as my worker said not to worry but i cant help but worry they only keep u on for so long now any advice please dont think i could go through pip assessment again and the appeals ps my pip doesnt run out till 2023 

Comments

• tinka1992
    Also she said when it does come down to it i can self refer my self If I get really bad again not discharge yet but I'm doing all my councling ect but that isn't for life
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you were discharged by the mental health team in the future then this should not affect any future PIP reviews. Just because a person doesn't receive any treatment or support it doesn't mean their condition has changed or improved. 2023 is a long way off, try not to worry too much about that right now, easier said than done i know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    You only need to tell the PIP if you have a change of circumstances in this case if your mental health improves, as this doesn't seem to be the case and you can self refer if needed and you are still having counselling then there is no reason that I can see that would mean your PIP ending.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tinka1992
    I think I worry because i had to apeal it  but i know somebody who has pip and hasn't at mental health serves for long time not discharge yet but we all no mental health serves isn't for life they only help u for so long now then u have to refer your self back or bye gp nothing changes mental health is for life but I have good days and bad it just depends but I do worry that soon will come along again 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.