Ask an employment adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Work advice

FranstrahanFranstrahan Member Posts: 898 Pioneering
edited November 2019 in Ask an employment adviser
I had 3 part time jobs between 2016 and 2017. Lost them all, and was only in them for a few weeks. I have lived alone the past 14 years and worked as a self employed pet carer, dog Walker and gardener, but not generated much work and income. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for over a year now, and found out earlier this year I have ASD, which explains my whole life work record, which is poor, never been able to hold down a job. I'm currently getting just over 60 quid a week UC to live on, coz I took the 300 advance, plus DWP overpaid my WTC and are taking it back out of my UC direct (which I think is evil).
I would like a part time job. My confidence and self-esteem are at zero now, they never were great, plus I have the depression, anxiety and ASD now.
Can you advice me for the best route as am not entitled to any more benefits and cant continue on their 60something a week.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.