Lanarkshire PIP ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lanarkshire PIP ?

braca
braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
I seen the name Lanarkshire mentioned by the Chief community champion poppy123456 in a discussion about PIP assessor, I have read on another forum that a company called Salus based in Lanarkshire Scotland do PIP assessments on behalf of IAS . >:)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

Chief community champion? lol thanks but i'm the same as all the other community champions.

Just so you know, it wasn't me that mentioned that place, it was another member of the forum and i just quoted it asking why it was mentioned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • braca
    I was pointing out a true connection with Lanarkshire and PIP, have now seen it was another member who mentioned name first, do not understand why my post has been Flagged ?
  • poppy123456
    I don't live in that part of the country so don't know anything about that. No idea who flagged your post or the reasons why, sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • braca
    @Chobbly can you try and explain why you mentioned Lanarkshire in a previous post ?
    I tried to explain a connection between a company called Salus who do PIP assessments on behalf of IAS and are based in Lanarkshire, my post was flagged as spam and this has cut me to the bone, Community Champion Poppy has said it was not herself who flagged and admire her for her honesty...
  • poppy123456
    @braca Chobbly is no longer a member of the forum so we'll never know why that comment was made.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @braca

Checked the status of Salus for you.

Salus is a trading arm of NHS Lanarkshire, who provide Occupational Health, Health & Safety and PIP assessments.

There are a number of sub contractors, who are engaged in undertaking PIP assessments, on behalf of the two main AP.

In theory they all follow the same assessment process.

As a former NHS worker, I must say I would not feel comfortable about being involved in these assessment processes. They go against the very basic values of health care and welfare of patients.  Others may differ with my opinion.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Best wishes
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @braca

Try not to worry about your post being flagged. 
    I don't understand why it was flagged either! 

I can see you were upset about it, hope you're ok? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.