If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Am I entitled to non means-tested ESA?

ffionffion Posts: 1Member Listener
Hi there. I suffer with chronic intractable pain following numerous operations since 2005 due to two cancer diagnoses. The surgery in Feb 2014 has significantly reduced my quality of life and I have been suicidal in the last twelve months. I struggle continuously with muscle and nerve pain. I have been off work since October 2018 and my GP is very supportive. I am in receipt of the daily living part of PIP since the start of this year. This is unlikely to resolve itself and I would never cope with full time work again. I am now 47yrs old. Am I entitled to non means tested ESA and if so would I have to go through the assessment process for this if I’ve already had an assessment from PIP in January. My husband does work. I haven’t resigned from work yet. The GP writes fit notes. I’m not in receipt of SSP either anymore- this ended in September. Any advice would be gratefully received. 
Tagged:
Sign in or join us to comment.