Free bus pass as a carer? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free bus pass as a carer?

les1234
les1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can i get free bus pass reason asking im a carer for my daughter she carnt travel alone so do i qualify 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @les1234 and a warm welcome to the community! Some councils allow a disabled person to have a bus pass that allows them and one other person free travel. This tends to depend on the disability that your daughter has, but it is possible.

This link my help you find more information depending on where you live: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-disabled-bus-pass
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This concessionary bus pus is called the companion card. You will need to apply for the concessionary card first and then exchange it for the other one. My daughter has this one because she doesn't travel alone. She claims it based on her learning disability and the learning disabilities team sent evidence to my local council on behalf of my daughter.

The criteria will depend on your local council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.