Need a counsellor — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need a counsellor

caz50
caz50 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
O need a counsellor as I'm falling apart and having ptsd

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caz50 Sorry to read you're in a such a bad place right now. Thank you so much for posting & reaching out; please know this very supportive community will do all they can to help. I will ask one of our members @thespiceman to see if he can help you as he has a great understanding.
  • caz50
    Thank you.  Yes I'm definitely not in good place and at stage where I dont go out and my past makes me worse.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caz50 I hope you get some advice in the morning; please know you're no longer alone....this community will do it's best to help you. Take care.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @caz50   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for @chiarieds mentioning me.

I am one of the community champions. I have mental illness my self.

Please can I advise look at these links.

These are for mental health charities ones I used before.

I would consider these because they can help with a lot of the problems you are coping with.

Also look at everything else. Benefits any housing issues or anything additional you may be struggling with.

Only problems some of the links might not be in all areas.

I would also speak to your GP who has a range of solutions and advice to help you.

These are the links.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate charity helps you gets doors open support you if you have any problems with Doctors or any thing such as Medical Professionals speaks on your behalf with you in attendance.

With anything.

Used them a lot does help.

Please if I can help further. Need a chat always around on here. I am always supportive of our members. Have time and do listen.

I hope that gives you some reassurance and confidence .

Please take care and remember your not alone .

Happy to help.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Good morning @caz50 and welcome to the community. 

I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning and that you can manage to get some help from @thespiceman's links. 

I also have ptsd and it can be a lonely, scary illness at times. 
    But people on here will understand so keep posting if you are up to it. x
  • thespiceman
    Hello @paffuto10   Good morning to you hope your well keeping safe and warm.

Thank you for mentioning me very much appreciated.

Please can I ask is there anything I can help with?

I added the above links does any of that help you. Just a thought.

I am always here and if I can be a supportive friend or you need to ask me anything. Even a chat.

Please get in touch have a lot of time to listen.

You do not have to be lonely.  I know this a difficult time this weather and the cold not helping.

Have a lot of advice, guidance and wealth of experience, knowledge regarding mental health.

Something to consider just saying.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Take care of your self your a valued important member of our community.

Your friend.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • paffuto10
    Morning @thespiceman :)

I'm ok thanks, plodding on ;)
    I have lovely hubby and my adult daughter is in the middle of moving to her own place so helping her is keeping me busy. 
    Can't help her physically but just emotional and practical support, etc. 

Also I am on waiting list for cbt and have meds so I am ok. 

Thankyou so much for asking, how are you faring? 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @paffuto10   Good morning thanks for reply. Thank you for asking.

For a Friday wow just trying to get motivated to start the day. I am on new meds.  Causing Insomnia some nights .

Found the NHS useful website.   Something to think about also.

Lots of information on there.

I used a lot of the organisations I suggested. They help with every thing diet, wellbeing, health . Have the knowledge the routine to sleep but sometimes these things happen do they not.

Use NHS website further advice and guidance.

Happy to hear you family supportive, do care and have concern that is important.

CBT wish you well for that. Please take it slowly and please can I add please do not get upset  with yourself or emotional if there are not any results at first.

I know it is a period of time you need to adjust.  If you think it is not working or being useful please say.  To your therapist. 

Please contact your GP or speak to us or me if I can suggest anything else.

I have a lot of admiration for every one who is going through struggles.

One other useful advice I arranged with my Doctor three months to six month review on anything. In fact they do this on meds, anything mental health.

Do think that is important.

I insisted on it, just in case.

Please if I can help with anything remember always here.

Keep in touch.

Your friend

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    This is a useful guide on mental health services. It has some helpline contact numbers too. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines/

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @caz50, sorry you are finding things really tough at the moment. I hope today goes okay for you.
    Scope

• caz50
    I do need help and someone to talk to a.s.a.p I'm in a bad head space 
  • shadow66
    shadow66 Scope Member Posts: 28 Courageous

Hello @caz50

I am also new here and have depression, anxiety and ptsd. Sorry to read that you are in a bad headspace. What is happening for you at the moment? Will be around for a while if you want to offload.

Kind regards

Shadow66

• Chloe_Scope
    Really sorry to hear this @caz50, you are a valuable part of the community. If you text shout to 85258 then a crisis volunteer will be in touch with you. Or you can ring Samaritans 116 123 and someone will be there to talk to.

If you are in immediate danger then please do ring 999. 
    Scope

• caz50
    I was raped between 9 n 11 year old . Beaten then got pushed in to marriage at 16 by family then ex husband beat stabbed n strangled me n blamed me for my son dying he had meningitis.  My kids dont have anything to do with me and this month it my mums first anniversary of her death.  I have fibromyalgia tryed commit suicide twice years ago and only family I have lives in Antrim so I'm on my own and everything just wont stop going in my head
  • caz50
    No not in immediate danger  just want to talk thanks
  • shadow66
    shadow66 Scope Member Posts: 28 Courageous

That is indeed a lot to be dealing with all in one go inside your head @caz50

I’m really sorry to read that you went through all that. It is difficult when you don’t have family to go to when you need help.  Can I ask do you have any friends you can confide in? 

I can only vouch for the Samaritans service that @Chloe_scope mentioned, I haven’t used SHOUT myself. There are pros and cons for each. With Samaritans if you feel able to speak to someone on the phone that is an immediate source of support, they do offer an email and text service but these are not so quick and you will engage with a different volunteer each time. The benefit of SHOUT is that you can have a conversation with the same volunteer by text, although if they feel you are at immediate risk, they will alert emergency services.

Have you ever had any 1:1 counselling, is this something you would be able to consider?

Kind thoughts

Shadow66

• Chloe_Scope
    @caz50, I am so sorry to hear this, you have experiences some awful trauma's and it must be extremely hard to carry with you for so long. Do you have support for your mental health? I'm concerned that you are really struggling at the moment.
    Scope

• caz50
    I don't have any friends at all my sister is in Antrim I'm in lisburn so I have no one I'm trying to get moved to Antrim but I cant get housing association to help or understand why I need this move . I been through so much every day I keep reliving it all 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Hi @caz50. I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am to read your messages. You have been through so much.

I'm not sure if you'd prefer to talk verbally or via text, but have you ever tried calling NAPAC's helpline? Unfortunately they're not open over the weekends, but you can call them on 0808 801 0331. Alternatively, CISters is available on 02380 338080.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • paffuto10
    @caz50

Hi again. I will be up until 2.00 am if you need to talk. 

Hope your head clears a little and that you can manage to get some sleep. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.