how do I get money for a powerchair when i'm too ill to work?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how do I get money for a powerchair when i'm too ill to work??

Options
emeraldjane
emeraldjane Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is emerald and I suffer from constant head pains, fainting/dizzy spells,just having little to no energy and anxiety. Recently my health has gone completely downhill and I've found it really hard going out without a wheelchair, trouble is my partner is also disabled (they use a walking stick) and my mom has bad back pain so I don't have anyone to push me and i'm too weak to push the wheels myself, also I feel like I've completely lost my independence as I have to rely on other people to push me that's why i'm currently trying to save up for a powerchair, I've started a gofundme and tweeted for people to help me with the cost, i'm on benefits but as i'm sure all of you know it barely pays my rent let alone a powerchair! I was wondering if anyone has any advice for how I could get the money for this powerchair or if anyone could help share the gofundme link? Thankyou for reading this!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.