Surprise letter..... part 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Surprise letter..... part 2

Options
poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
Hello everyone,

I thought i should post again regarding the surprise letter because i did start the other thread some weeks ago. Well. the postman arrived today with a letter from Scope telling me i had won the award for empowering others. This award is given for supporting and empowering disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members which has helped them progress their claims more confidently.

I have no idea what happens next but it says my volunteer manager will arrange a time to present me with the award very soon.

-cough- i honestly wasn't expecting to win this award because there's other Community Champions here too and we all deserve awards. I love advising others and spending my time helping as many people as possible, despite the difficult times i'm experiencing in my life right now.

I know there must be others that have received an award, infact i know of at least one person... you know who you are my dearest friend, are you going to reveal yourself? B)<3

Thank you scope and all the admins for this, it really does mean so much! Of course i'll continue to advise others, the best way i can. Smiling from ear to ear and you really have made my weekend!
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My very warmest congratulations, Poppy. You certainly deserve this special award for all you do. Reading about it makes me smile too.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow, brilliant news, such a well deserved award.

You are a credit to our community.

-cough- about those two acceptance speeches, think you had better start composing.

@poppy123456 AKA as The Queen of Scope!

Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    My very warmest congratulations, Poppy. You certainly deserve this special award for all you do. Reading about it makes me smile too.
    Thank you very much for those kind words :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow, brilliant news, such a well deserved award.

You are a credit to our community.

-cough- about those two acceptance speeches, think you had better start composing.

@poppy123456 AKA as The Queen of Scope!

Best wishes
    Thank you very much, such kind words and much appreciated! Don't know so much about the "Queen of scope" -blushes-

As for the speech, i'm not so good with words in front of people, much better on the internet lol
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @poppy123456 well done! So pleased for you. You really deserve this. Lovely news x
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Well it's great to congratulate 2 people in one afternoon! Congratulations @Ami2301 -  thank you for sharing your news; well done.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @chiarieds! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations, very well deserved  both of you  :D:D

Lovely news 
    @poppy123456 and @ami
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Thank you @paffuto10! :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @Ami2301 thank you! I'm glad you finally spilled the beans because i would have, if you hadn't <3
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @chiarieds @paffuto10 thank you both, very much! :)
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations all, well done ! ???
  • paffuto10
    Options
    Congratulations also to
    @thespiceman :D

(I know he'll be around here somewhere)  :) 

Thankyou all for the endless support and advice you give to this community. Much appreciated xx

• Ami2301
    Options
    No doubt @thespiceman is shaking his tail feather along with Strictly!
  • paffuto10
    Options
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Congratulations @thespiceman so pleased you also got an award! I see how much you help on the forum so often as you know.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.