How long does the tribunal take? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does the tribunal take?

sedy
sedy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My daughter has her pip tribunal in a few weeks... she has ptsd due to being attacked at the age of 14 and 16 and because of her alcoholic father.. will she have to go into detail about the PTSD she is also registered blind. Pip was refused because she can make beans on toast , and roughly how long does the tribunal take.
Thank you for any help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If she doesn't have an appointee then yes she will need to answer all the questions herself, otherwise her appointee will be able to answer them on her behalf.

What questions they ask her will totally depend on her case and how her conditions affect her and no one can tell you what exactly they will ask.

How long the hearing will last will also depend on her case and again no one can answer that.

Sometimes a decision can't be made on the day, if this happens they will write to her within a few days with the decision. It doesn't mean she won't be awarded. Lots of people don't receive the decision on the day and are awarded successfully.

Good luck to your daughter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @sedy and a warm welcome to the community. 

I just wanted to wish both you and your daughter the best of luck for her upcoming tribunal. Please let us know if we can help at all. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck for the tribunal.
    xxx
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Good luck for the tribunal and hope it all goes well for you both
  • sedy
    Thanks everyone... when I asked about what they asked I meant will she actually have to tell them that she was raped or could she say something happened to me at 14 and 16 xx
  • poppy123456
    How awful, i'm so sorry!

It really depends what questions they ask her. No one can answer that for certain.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sedy
    Ok just know if they make her say it it will make her so bad thank you
  • poppy123456
    They can't make her say anything. If they ask her questions it will be because they are trying to get a picture of how her conditions affect her.
  • sedy
    Thank you so much poppy... and sorry for all the questions 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @sedy, very best of luck for the tribunal to you both. I really hope the questions aren't too invasive for her.
    Scope

• sedy
    Thank you so much Mike. On the refusal letters it doesnt mention the mental health does that mean that they are not recognizing it at all.. or pip are not challenging... sorry for the questions tribunal is tomorrow at 10am.. wish us luck 
  • sedy
    Tribunal won thank you so much everyone 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Biggest congratulations @sedy!! 
    Scope

• sedy
    Can I say thank you to everyone that has helped and back pay from when first forms went in in 2017... went from no points on living to 9... and mobility from none to 12 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.