Wanting to get outside — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wanting to get outside

Options
sandra02
sandra02 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi just wondering if you have a scope in Blackpool as I'm disabled and fed up being in when my son is at work all the time he takes me places but I dont get to talk to other people and I dont have many friends I have 2 neighbours but I dont have many friends so just wanted to know if there is somewhere in Blackpool bearing in mind I cant walk far as my son takes the car to work thanks 

Comments

• pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    If you are PIP, even if it's not Mobility Enhanced save up and get a Scooter - or Hire one - it gives you such a new lease of life when you can do 40+ miles on a single charge. 
  • sandra02
    sandra02 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi I've had a big scooter but only ever went shopping on it until I had a bad accident on my last one so I bought a little one for the boot of the car but when my son is at work I'm stuck in on my own and I hate it as before I became disabled I was working behind a bar so I loved it but it depresses me know because I cant do that now 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try getting in touch with the local Staying Well or 50+ clubs. I may be assuming wrongly re your age...sorry. That`s the name of the people who look after social prescribing in my area.

It`s a shame about the scooter accident. I had a medium sized scooter, before going full time into a wheelchair.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandra02 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this, I imagine it can be very difficult if your son is at work a lot.

Unfortunately Scope does not have a base in Blackpool.

Have you ever had a needs assessment? This might be beneficial to enable you to go outside more often. You can refer yourself online. 

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.