If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Hi, ESA backadated

Hi,
I was assessed last june 2018 after being put on ESA since june 2017 and put in WRAG for esa....I was re assessed in september 2019 and because my condition has worsened I have now been put in support group....will I recieve backdated support group money from sept 2017 (after 13 assessment time) or will I just recieve extra £40 a week.....I have had had no letter about backdated money

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 15,044Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Great news on the Support Group decision! As you were previously in the WRAG and this is a new decision after a work capability assessment then you will receive the extra money from the date of the decision. Unfortunately, you won't receive any backdated money from 2017. Hope this helps.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 5,841Administrator Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @cubbins, that's great news! I hope @poppy123456 has been able to answer your question. But please do let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.