Please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please help

Options
Yikes
Yikes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Has anyone heard of this set of symptoms? It's been 3 months, doctors have thrown their hands in the air.

So it started with severe bloating and abdominal pain, it happened suddenly. I had a CRP of 300, everything else including WBC count normal. Bloating has gone down but something just feel off with my abdomen. I have this kind of full feeling, or like something is there, and I can't twist without feeling pain. Most annoyingly, I have a nervy pain in my right shoulder/neck that is severe if I try to lie on my right side. One weird thing is that if I take a breath and hold it, the pain is absent. Also there's a pain under my right ribs that I feel when I take a deep breath. Can anyone help me? The shoulder pain is the worst. I should mention that I have a dermoid ovarian cyst but my gyno said that wouldn't be causing it. I'be had stool, blood and urine tests, ECG, and ultrasounds as well as physical examination. Here's a list of things I've been tested negative for:

- Pregnancy
- Gallstones
- Intestinal parasites
- Intestinal inflammation (IBD)
- Infection
- Virus
- Celiac
- Constipation
- Kidney, spleen, liver and pancreas damage/dysfunction
- Hyperthyroidism

Any resources would also be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Yikes and a warm welcome to the community. 
    Sorry to read you're in so much pain. Are your doctors still looking in to other possibilities? Are they helping you to manage the pain and other symptoms at all? 

Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to offer suggestions as we're not medically trained, but we do have lots of members on the community who may be able to relate as they're either experiencing an undiagnosed/rare condition or have chronic pain. I hope you'll find a lot of support here on the community and that your doctors are able to help you with answers soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Yikes
    Yikes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Adrian, I'm still seeing doctors although they do seem to be stumped.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Yikes! It must be frustrating that they are unsure. How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• frostyhalf
    frostyhalf Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I just watched a video series on fatty liver and they set one of the symptoms is pain in the right shoulder or right knee and bloating as well as other symptoms 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @frostyhalf, is there anything we can do to help today? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.