Received my pip report today. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received my pip report today.

Nevergiveup
Nevergiveup Community member Posts: 8 Connected
My assessor's report arrived today after asking for a copy about a week ago, I'm still waiting for the official decision. From what I read of my report it's 90 percent accurate, and everything I told her has been mentioned. I scored 14 points on daily living and 12 for moving about descriptors, I'm transferring from a lifetime DLA award. The only things that I found odd were only scoring 4 points for preparing a meal and 0 points for planning and following a journey. I have dwarfism so all the kitchen work services are at eye level to start with I'm 3ft 10 inches tall standing up, and obviously much less when I'm in my wheelchair. She asked me I could peel a potato, which the answer is yes, but what would I do with it once it's peeled?? As for planning and following a journey yes I do drive a car, but explained about anxiety once I left the safety of the vehicle. I'm very self-conscious, I'd never drive to a place where I wasn't meeting someone at the other end. My anxiety would also take over and stop me from following a route in my wheelchair, I clearly wouldn't be able to push myself any distance over 10m anyway! The assessor mentioned I needed someone to get my wheelchair in and out of the car, as I'm not physically able to do this on my own, but failed to acknowledge my anxiety in the report. There seems to be no common sense, just because I haven't got any medical history for anxiety doesn't mean it's not there! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Mostly they go with the report, it's rare to go against it. As the report suggests Enhanced for both parts you can't be awarded any higher than this. Even though you're not 100% happy with the points that have been recommended, it would not be a very wise decision to request the MR regarding this because you could lose everything you already may have.

It's nice to hear a positive story because we do read a lot of bad stories on internet forums.

All you need to do is wait for the decision and then you can relax knowing it's very likely that you have Enhanced for both parts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nevergiveup
    poppy123456  Yes, if the outcome is as stated on my report I will leave well alone and just brush it off as one of those to agree to disagree things with the assessor, as you rightly say it won't have an impact on my overall award. The other positive in the report was that she stated that my condition would never improve and only deteriorate, and recommended no reassessment in the future. By the sounds of it I've been lucky to have met an honest assessor. She did go over a few things to make sure that nothing was missed.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yet another great assessment result, thanks for letting us know your report details. As poppy has stated looks like your award will be enhanced in both categories. Nice one.
  • Nevergiveup
    wilko yes overall it's been mostly a positive experience :smiley: ) I hope we all get to see more reports like this in the future and people get what they are rightfully entitled to!

• pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Nevergiveup

It will be as the report says - The Decision Makers are unqualified so they don't go against it - this is good in some ways but bad if they got it wrong and people like me suffer as a result. But that will be Enhanced everything and access to Mobility scheme if you want it instead of the money so you would be nuts to even think about querying it when people like me are struggling to get them to do the right decision.- it's nice to see they don't always get it wrong.  I got 10 points for Mobility. I should have got at least 14 but my DA ignored that whole conversation we had - so because there is no evidence I can put in (as I didn't record it - I wished I had!) then I have to hope a Tribunal will take pity on me. In fact my DA stated that because I held a driving licence I had no mental or cognitive impairment. can you believe that? it's true!!

It took 16 weeks for me to get a decision from when I got my report, just saying 
  • Nevergiveup
    pcoventry really sorry to hear that, the whole system is a joke. A friend of mine is currently going through a similar situation to yours. As we all know this is a common theme with assessors and the decision-makers. As for the part regarding the driving license that's so wrong, and is probably the very reason why I didn't score anything for planning or following a journey.  I wish you all the best and i'm sure you will get the result you are looking for when you do get to a tribunal. 16 weeks to get a decision though is rather lengthy! Do you think it was audited after the assessor had sent it back to the DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    @pcoventry saying they never go against the report is not quite correct, it has been known for them to do exactly this but it's rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited November 2019
    @poppy123456 Fair enough 

@Nevergiveup i was not the only one - they just kept telling me they had a backlog. I had my assessment in June and I got my decision in September - I stand corrected I am being told it was 14 and a half weeks 

In regards to me not getting anything in the extra bit - I used to drive daily before I became ill - The DA put that I was fine to plan a journey becausedof that - she didn't bother to mention I was driving between 4 places I knew well and I had 2 sat navs and also 9 times out of 10 I was not alone so I had lots of help. I got lost several times and was late several times. The stress put me on the sick, I was sacked in Jan this year for being on the sick. I never challenged it for several personal reasons. But the fact it I can't these days even put together which road goes into where across my town, let along the UK. When we go to the tribunal I will be driven there because I won't have any chance of doing it alone. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    My assessor's report arrived today after asking for a copy about a week ago, I'm still waiting for the official decision. From what I read of my report it's 90 percent accurate, and everything I told her has been mentioned. I scored 14 points on daily living and 12 for moving about descriptors, I'm transferring from a lifetime DLA award. The only things that I found odd were only scoring 4 points for preparing a meal and 0 points for planning and following a journey. I have dwarfism so all the kitchen work services are at eye level to start with I'm 3ft 10 inches tall standing up, and obviously much less when I'm in my wheelchair. She asked me I could peel a potato, which the answer is yes, but what would I do with it once it's peeled?? As for planning and following a journey yes I do drive a car, but explained about anxiety once I left the safety of the vehicle. I'm very self-conscious, I'd never drive to a place where I wasn't meeting someone at the other end. My anxiety would also take over and stop me from following a route in my wheelchair, I clearly wouldn't be able to push myself any distance over 10m anyway! The assessor mentioned I needed someone to get my wheelchair in and out of the car, as I'm not physically able to do this on my own, but failed to acknowledge my anxiety in the report. There seems to be no common sense, just because I haven't got any medical history for anxiety doesn't mean it's not there! 

It is great news that you got awarded enough points to get enhanced payment. Good news is harder to come by. So yeh, good for you. xx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    pcoventry said:
    Hi @Nevergiveup

It will be as the report says - The Decision Makers are unqualified so they don't go against it - this is good in some ways but bad if they got it wrong and people like me suffer as a result. But that will be Enhanced everything and access to Mobility scheme if you want it instead of the money so you would be nuts to even think about querying it when people like me are struggling to get them to do the right decision.- it's nice to see they don't always get it wrong.  I got 10 points for Mobility. I should have got at least 14 but my DA ignored that whole conversation we had - so because there is no evidence I can put in (as I didn't record it - I wished I had!) then I have to hope a Tribunal will take pity on me. In fact my DA stated that because I held a driving licence I had no mental or cognitive impairment. can you believe that? it's true!!

It took 16 weeks for me to get a decision from when I got my report, just saying 

Hi, I am sorry to read of your struggle with DWP over your assessment. So many people are having to do MRs and tribunals.

I am waiting for a decision following my f2f on 3rd October

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.