If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

dating & aspergers

carriebjcarriebj Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2019 in Autism and Aspergers
hi all, new to this forum and wanting advice please on how to help my 23 year old aspie son. He’s desperate to find someone to share his life with in his own way but neuro typical girls have only led to drama and heartbreak so far. I think he wd benefit from finding another aspie - but I don’t know where to start helping him. Any thoughts / suggestions? I don’t have the know how to set up my own aspiematch.com! TIA... 

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Community champion Posts: 6,196 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @carriebj   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please can I advise have you spoken to the following may be able to give some guidance and support.

The National Autistic Society 

Who also deal with Asperger's as well.

Helpline 020 7833 2299

Email [email protected]

I would also look at the MEET UP website as well. Local support  groups and organisations that may be able to help.

One suggestion is to contact volunteer bureau in your local area. Being volunteering can help integrate meet so many people. You make friends and sometimes meet some one who likes you.

The volunteer bureau in your area would match him up with his skills, abilities and any talents he has. To any organisation. That need volunteers.

Could be an local charity that has disabled members of our community. It all depends what he wishes to do.

Even the local Autistic or Asperger's Branch near you.

You could contact SCOPE . Need volunteers.

By doing a variety of leisure activities, volunteering and anything he has an interest in to, can be beneficial to meeting people.

I have mental illness, disability did volunteering in mental health charities usually doing volunteering in Kitchens.

Please have a look around our website plenty of new friends and lots of advice, information .

Please ask if we can help with anything some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,598 Scope community team
    Hi @carriebj, how are you doing? :)
    Community Partner

Scope
  • carriebjcarriebj Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the suggestions, appreciated. The struggle is new situations and meeting new people so volunteering would be very difficult (although not impossible). I have looked at MeetUp although some of the groups which sound most suitable are a little distance away. I'll definitely get in touch with the NAS and see what suggestions they have. Thanks :)
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,598 Scope community team
    I hope you find it useful @carriebj and please do let us know how you get on!
    Community Partner

Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.