Help with ESA Capability for Work questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with ESA Capability for Work questionnaire

David2529
David2529 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello,
I would be very grateful for help in completing the new ESA "Capability for Work' questionnaire. I have received ESA for many years and before that Incapacity benefit. I am seeking help in the language and examples, including the type of descriptors that will help me describe the impact my illnesses have on my life. I suffer from constant chronic pain, depression, anxiety, including agoraphobia and diabetes. I have read online guidelines, but as you will know many of you will have felt equally overwhelmed and desperately anxious this form has become. I do not know where to begin to accurately describe my illnesses and use language that will genuinely reflect the profound level of illnesses that will show the assessor why I should continue to receive ESA. Receiving the form has created such anxiety I cannot begin to think straight and would be very deeply grateful if anyone might be able to suggest anything that might help me complete this form, which must be returned by the 13th December 2019. Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to read my request, it is greatly appreciated.
David

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.