Severe disability premium — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe disability premium

chihuahua5
chihuahua5 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was told about SDP and was asked how long I had lived on my own so I told them which is since my youngest was 18, but they are saying that I’ve lived alone since 2015, anyway I got a letter back from DWP today telling me they don’t owe me any arrear. Which is totally wrong I have told them but they said they have checked and she has only just stopped living with me since I have moved to my new address. I don’t understand what’s going on. Does anyone understand what’s going on and how they would have even come to that conclusion 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Sorry but i'm a little confused by your post. Please can you confirm if you live alone now and how long you've lived alone for? Do you live with any children? Who did you live with in 2015?

You say "they" are saying you've lived alone since 2015 since your youngest was 18 but then say that they have decided they don't owe you any arrears? This is what confuses me.

More information is needed to be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @chihuahua5. When did your child turn 18? Do you still live with them?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.