Applying for VAT Relief — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for VAT Relief

Options
Maggie_Pie
Maggie_Pie Community member Posts: 22 Courageous

I have just ordered several items from Amazon that are eligible for VAT relief if they are for a disabled user.  Instead of simply being able to tick a box indicating I qualify for VAT relief, it turns out one is required to complete a form, available at 

file:///C:/Users/Laptop/Downloads/VAT_Relief_Declaration_Form2.pdf

One can then E-mail the form to Amazon.  Trouble is, the form isn't in a format that allows it to be completed in order that it can then be E-mailed.  I was able to use 'Chat' and hopefully the matter will be sorted.  However, I am less than happy that Amazon appears to be yet another company which takes advantage of people finding bothering too hard and therefore not applying.  

It's like wanting to switch energy supplier or change broadband supplier - it can be just too difficult, and in my view companies rely on there being a lot of people for whom this is so.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,042 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

They can make these forms very challenging at times, i agree.

I must be honest, i changed energy supplier about 5 months ago and i thought it was very straight forward because all i had to do was give my details and my new energy supplier did the rest. Usually it's the same with broadband suppliers too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.