Letter from compliance officer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter from compliance officer

samboy54
samboy54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Got a rather threading letter from a compliance officer regarding my benefit ,I have been on DLA for over 20 years and esa for a couple of years ( I get mixed up with benefits party due to front local dementia) the letter says they will call on the 27th and if I don’t answer my benefit will stop immediately, this is repeated , the letter footing also says page one of 8 ,I only got page one ? I don’t know what to expect and get easily worried and confused whilst on the phone although I do always try as I don’t want to completely withdraw from doing things .,can someone explain what this phone call is and what to expect. Thank you  

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samboy54 - Welcome to the community. I'll just ask @poppy123456 to see if she would help, as she has a great understanding of benefits. Thank you Poppy.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Thank you @chiarieds for the tag!

Sometimes they do these compliance interviews randomly just to check you're receiving the correct benefits. During the phone call they will very likely ask you questions about your circumstances but this will totally depend on the reasons for the compliance check.

I'd advise you to ring the number on the letter and ask what it's about and they may give you some more information, as it's impossible to give you any specific advice at this stage.

It maybe nothing to worry about at all. You will of course need to answer the phone at the time stated otherwise your benefits could be stopped.

Hope this helps and i'm sorry i couldn't be any more specific. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samboy54
    samboy54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for responding , I think the way they word there letters could be less threatening and more helpful, I think that’s part of the problem we face with benefits the way it’s worded and the questions asked are sometimes not relevant to the actual disability of the claimant/s . Again thanks for responding 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Those compliance interview letters are standard letters and never give any information other than to state the appointment date and time. It's either just a complete random check, which does happen, or someone has reported you for something. If it's the latter and you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Although that's easier said than done when you receive those letters.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @samboy54! I'm glad others have been able to advice you about this. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Ala
    Ala Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    edited November 2019
    BE AWARE
    My experience with such assessor was really ugly.
    Home visit went well - so I thought...

While at the end of the visit he asked me to sign some forms for him.
    He assured me over and over that there will be NO CHANGE!!

He omitted to tell me that he is snicking in a second form - the Review Form -  he never mentioned - that basically stated, that I'm declaring CHANGE!! My health improved, stop my PIP.
    I was just after severe Tachycardia attack - caused by talking to him - not able to see due to onset of bury vision or think...

I've only found it out 2 years later, just before my Tribunal - buried in the tribunal papers...  Imagine my surprise....

Especially, it was legally 5 months too early to ask me to do the Review Form!

Good Luck!

• poppy123456

This thread is about a compliance interview, which is completely different to a PIP review.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.