Need help with motivation, feeling very low. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help with motivation, feeling very low.

Options
teethnhorns
teethnhorns Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I’ve worked over 60 hours this week despite my bad joints and social anxiety, and now I’m just getting brain fog every few minutes and dissociating the rest. I’m just really tired but I’m still working.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @teethnhorns and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, do you experience this often?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • teethnhorns
    teethnhorns Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Yeah, it’s just constant and tiring. It doesn’t help the fact I have psychosis and having a brain fog ep triggers flash hallucinations. I’m working with animals and people and I don’t want to scare them or make them think I’m weird. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    How much are you working over the coming week @teethnhorns? It doesn't sound like a brilliant combination. Does this happen a lot when you're tired?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @teethnhorns and welcome to the community.

What are your contracted hours? Anything beyond this you have the right to say no.

Have you spoken to your employer about this? They have a duty of care towards you but if they are unaware of what is going on there is little they can do to help you. I appreciate that this can be a difficult conversation to start, but in my experience even the hardest managers don't want to see staff suffering like this.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @teethnhorns, this sounds very stressful for you! How are you feeling today?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.