dwp gb fp lp fundi JSA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dwp gb fp lp fundi JSA

kayannie
kayannie Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, can somebody advise me please? I’ve been transferred from DLA to PIP. My PIP starts in December, I had my assessment in October and my award letter states I’m on enhanced for care and mobility.

However, I’ve just checked my bank account and my DLA has been paid in, and my ESA support group money was due tomorrow but see it’s gone in today with the above coding. What does this mean please?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

That just means it was manually paid by a person and nothing to worry about at all. This is most likely because of your transfer from DLA to PIP, which would have temporary suspended your ESA payment. As this is usually what happens if someone notices this, they will go ahead an manually make your payment.

Next ESA payment will state the usual next to it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kayannie
    Thank you Poppy, also, I was due a medical for my esa in August this year, they sent me one appointment but I rang to explain it was too far to travel, they advised they’d book another closer to my home. I’ve rang several times and they said they’ve no appointments as yet closer to my home. I’m concerned I will loose my benefit, but capita said that’ll never happen!

anyway, that’s when I got my transfer to PIP letter around this time, I rang Capita again for ESA assessment appointment and the lady advised me that DWP had not action a further appointment. Do I take it that my PIP assessment will cover the ESA assessment to save having 2 assessments?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.

ESA is an ongoing award and the only time it will stop is if you're found fit for work. Your PIP assessment and decision won't cover your ESA assessment because they are 2 different benefits with different criteria.

If you want more details about your last ESA review then i'd advise you to ring DWP but if it was me i wouldn't bother, as long as you're still receiving your payments then don't rock the boat.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kayannie
    Thank you poppy again. I won’t bother to ring them as you suggested. X

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.