Hi, my name is unicornsinfezes! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is unicornsinfezes!

unicornsinfezes
unicornsinfezes Community member Posts: 7 Connected
hello! 
i have brittle asthma which affects me a lot day to day and also a couple different mental health problems. most people see asthma as something that isn’t that serious, but actually it’s life threatening for me so that can be hard. 
i am currently studying nursing and would love to make some friends!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @unicornsinfezes and welcome to the community! I don't have Asthma myself, but I've seen how life-threatening it can be, I can't imagine how someone feels during an asthma attack! Are you enjoying studying? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • unicornsinfezes
    i absolutely love it, but it’s so intense and i don’t really have any friends in my cohort :(  
    luckily i graduate in 18 months (scary though!)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @unicornsinfezes - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about your health problems, but it's great to learn you're studying nursing. I was a physio a long time ago & met many lovely nurses along the way. Is there any particular field of nursing you like?
    This is a great community so have a look around too (try the 'All groups' link at the top right of this page). Hope to speak to you again. It's good to 'meet' you!
  • unicornsinfezes
    paediatric mental health is my main passion! 
    thats amazing, my auntie was a physio! 
    thank you for the tips :)
  • chiarieds
    Hi, as a physio student I became interested in neurology, & knew I wanted to work in paediatrics; put the 2 together & worked out I wanted to work with children with cerebral palsy....which I did.
    Great to hear your Auntie was a physio, & you've worked out where you would like to help as a nurse already. Happy to chat to you anytime (when you're not studying!).
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @unicornsinfezes and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  How are you today?  Yes, asthma can be quite debilitating.  I have a couple of friends who have it.  I wish you well with your nursing course.  It sounds great!  Please have a look around the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  We are a friendly bunch of people.  I have made many friends on here since joining over a year ago and I'm sure you will too.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @unicornsinfezes and welcome. Are you excited to be done studying? Your focus sounds fantastic. Good luck! :smiley:
    I developed asthma a few years ago, so very suddenly discovered just how serious it can be. I hope you're doing okay. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything and feel free to jump in and start chatting. See you around the community! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • unicornsinfezes
    thank you both for your kind words! i am very happy to graduate soon, but it is also a bit terrifying! 
    right now, i’m focusing on my cats and my fiancé and trying to get all my work done! ?
  • chiarieds
    I see you're finding your way around here.....I saw the great picture of your cats. My kitten, Shadow, was abandoned too in a nearby car park, & she's adopted me, & her brother has a new home close by.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.