Bipolar and sodium valproate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bipolar and sodium valproate

madmax1988
madmax1988 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Anyone have any experience of a very flat mood on sodium valproate does this mean I need less or this the usual thing for this drug??

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,438 Disability Gamechanger
    SV or epilim is used for BP, epilepsy and migraines, I take it for epilepsy, have you recently started taking it? if so side effects can very often wear off as you get used to a new drug.
    If you have concerns speak to your GP or consultant asap.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• madmax1988
    madmax1988 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    I started taking it 3 years ago after a period of time in hospital it's a mood stabilizer for me but makes me feel flat was just asking the question to see if any bipolar people on it had the same experience??.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @madmax1988 and a very warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear the medication is making you feel flat. I imagine this is quite frustrating. Feeling flat can be a very common side effect of mood stabilisers, but please do speak to your GP if you are concerned.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.