Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

Torim
Torim Community member Posts: 20 Connected
I’ve received my letter and got 0 points for living needs and mobility ☹️ I don’t understand how this could be as I need support from my friend every single day, all tasks apart from going to toilet I find soo distressing and overwhelming for myself causes me panic attacks and anxiety the woman comes across as quite rude in my decision letter which I’m devastated about, she thinks I am do all these things when really I can’t , it’s not fair!! Can anyone give me advice or has had the same done to them x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Is this is DLA to PIP transfer, a first time claim or a PIP review?

Any relevant evidence should be sent with the letter to support your claim.

Having some understanding of the descriptors and why they mean always helps because it may not always be possible to score the points you think you should score.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Torim
    @poppy123456 Thanks for your help, it’s a new claim I made, do I have to ring pip for the mr or just send a letter ? It’s awful being put through all this , as if it isn’t stressful enough ☹️ 
  • Torim
    If it goes to tribunal is there a better chance of getting points @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. No need to ring them, just put your request in writing as i advised above.

There's a 15% chance of the decision changing at MR stage. About 50% chance of the decision changing at Tribunal, IF you appear in person. More than 70% chance at Tribunal stage if you're represented and appear in person.

Paper based decisions only have between 5-8% success rate at Tribunal stage.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    good luck with your MR. I know it is an awful stressful time, but please hang in there. xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Torim, I hope the information provided by others has been helpful. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.