Decision Waiting Times — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Waiting Times

Lee99
Lee99 Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
Hi all

Could I please ask how long people are waiting for a decision on WCA ? I had my first face to face last week previously I was on ESA and had paper assessments my assessment was in blackpool I was very nervous and would not like to do it again 

Comments

• Lee99
    Also requested a copy of the report and I got the following reply is this right?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no time scales to decisions, it's depends on backlog in your area.

That message doesn't make sense "we do not receive the report" the assessment report is sent to DWP. As it was only Tuesday that you had your assessment, ring them in the middle of next week to request a copy, if you live in the UK they will send it before a decision's been made.

The reason you should leave it a week is they won't send a copy to you until both copies have been returned. That's the paper on and digital one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee99
    Thank you very much  I have had several strange messages from my CM doesent seem very knowledgeable at all 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lee99. After leaving it the week, you might get a better response if you're able to call them. Is that an option for you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lee99
    Yes I can call them thank you for your advice
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lee99, were you able to get through? :)
    Scope

• Lee99
    Yes i rang got put through to my CM who said the same thing we dont recieive the report ! Ii asked her to get her supervisor to ring me i have also sent a message to my work coach asking for her help with this 
  • poppy123456
    A report is always returned to DWP whether it's paper based assessment or a face to face.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lee99
    Trying to explain to someone who does not want to listen and thinks they are right is very hard not the first time with her and wont be the last ! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lee99. It may be worth you calling from a different phone or withholding your number. They route calls so you're most likely to get your own Case Manager but if you do this, it should be someone else you speak to.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lee99
    Ok ill try thank you 
  • Lee99
    Tried ringing from a different number and was told they haven't received the report yet and there was quite a big back log and to wait for the decision and request it then !
  • poppy123456
    As you had your assessment more than 1 week ago there's a very high chance that the report has been sent to audit, if this has happened then there will be a delay in making the decision because they can't make the decision until both reports have been returned. 1 is a digital copy and the other a paper one.

You could ring the health assessment advisory service (they do the assessments) and ask what's happening about the report. If it's in audit they will tell you. If it is then there's nothing more you can do in the meantime.
  • Lee99
    Ok I will thank you
  • Lee99
    edited December 2019
    Hi

I have rung the heath assessment advisory service who confirmed the report is not in audit it was sent electronically the same day and medical paper evidence was sent next day 

So I know that the DWP have got the report but have insisted that first of all the dont get the report(CM) and y
    Yesterday that they had not got the report ! 

I just simply want a copy of the report to stop me worrying 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    Seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. DWP advisers for UC are getting even worse, in my opinion. If it's been returned and they are saying they haven't received it then it's got lost somewhere, i've heard of this happening before.

I'm afraid all you can do is ring UC again and tell them that you've spoke to the Health assessment advisory service and they told you that the report has been returned on the day you had the assessment.

If they still insist it hasn't been returned then the person you spoke to this morning has given you the wrong information because this has happened to me in the past. I've been told the report has been returned by one person, DWP told me it hadn't and when i rang back it was indeed in audit.
  • Lee99
    edited December 2019
    Ok I will try again lol

It takes quite a few attempts to sort anything with my CM and doesn't seem to have the knowledge to deal with any injuries I understand how busy each one of them is however there seems to be stock answers they give out and its difficult to get past that 

Thank you again for your advice 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.