Hi, my name is Michael — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Michael

Options
Stodel
Stodel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone, hope everyone is well.my life changed this year,so any help or advice would be superb.

Comments

• Stodel
    Stodel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I suffered life changing injures after a motorcycle accident early this year.
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    @Stodel welcome to the scope online community. My name is Tammy and I'm one of the volunteer community champions here on the site. I'm here to help and support people. I hope you find the site helpful and feel free to take a look around ?
    You stated above that your life has changed this year and you would like advice. What advice would you like? I will try my best to help.
    Tammy 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Stodel    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear that please if I can help with anything. Please get in touch.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please have a look around our forum, we are friendly.

Please ask any questions happy to answer be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Stodel - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm very sorry to read about your accident; it must be very difficult in going from being fine one day, to having disabilities the next. Are you wondering how others have managed to cope in a similar situation?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Stodel. What sort of advice are you looking for? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Stodel and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear about your accident.  I can only imagine that when this happens it can be very upsetting and life-changing.  I was born disabled so don't know any other life myself.  I am sure you may find some members on here who have had a similar experience and who may want to share this with you.  I hope you don't mind, but I looked this up online to see if there were any organisations or resources who could help and I came across this website if you would like to have a look:-

https://healthtalk.org/londoners-experiences-life-changing-injuries/support

The Community is here to support you also so please chat to us anytime.  We are a friendly bunch of people and are very supportive of each other.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If we can be of any help/support to you at all then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.