Feeling very suicidal and wanting to cut — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling very suicidal and wanting to cut

Taliesen
Taliesen Community member Posts: 49 Connected
I have had enough of everything I can't keep fighting anymore, I have been battling for 24yrs long story short physically mentally and sexually abused as child diagnosed with mental health 3 yr ago been self harmer since 10yrs old have attempted my life serval times in last 8 yrs I have nothing left to fight with I'm sick of being pushed pillar to post I know how a golf or tennis ball feels now no one seems to be in any immediate concern to help so what's the point. Asking for help gets you the same place as not asking for help so makes no difference, I understand there's cuts been made and there's long ass lists and such but danm just cuz it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it's any less worth doing something about.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Taliesen. It sounds like you've been battling poor mental health for quite some time. While you're more than welcome to talk about these issues here, it's also really important if you're struggling with thoughts of self-harm and suicide to talk to someone who's qualified and able to advise you about them. Have you used a talking service such as Samaritans (116 123) before, or a text service (you can text SHOUT to 85258)?

Obviously I understand that signposting you to these services might not be the best method of helping you. Can I ask if you're engaged with social services at all? As a disability charity, it's fair to say that our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people rather than tackling complex mental health issues, but if it's something you'd like us to do, we could advocate for additional support by way of a social care referral. Please send us an email at community@scope.org.uk if you'd like to pursue this.

In the meantime, if you feel like you might be in immediate danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Taliesen
    I am at hospital with partner now waiting to be seen by crisis team nurse just done check and back group d bits as I cut my arms and my throat and wanting to od will keep updated 
  • Taliesen
    Been sent home with advice and they will contact my cdt team
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Taliesen. I hope they get in contact with you. But please remember, if you need any additional support, we'll be happy to try and make a social care referral for you. If you want to know more about what this would entail or would like to pursue it, you can get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.