Limited capability for work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Limited capability for work

AWilson198911
AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
After having my assessment last week I have called universal credit today and was told I couldn’t request my assessment report due to the decision maker having to apply the law to my assessment report first ?

i was also told I have been awarded 15 points but a decision has not yet been made??

its confused me a lot !

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Apply the law to your assessment report? No idea what that means, sorry and have never heard of a decision maker doing that before.

I really don't know how the person you spoke to would have known you had been awarded 15 points if a decision hasn't been made. If a decision's not been made there would be no points awarded yet.

My advice is to try ringing again to speak to someone different. If the report's been returned they will send it out to you before a decision's been made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AWilson198911
    AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Hi poppy I called up again and they have now managed to send me my assessment report out and was told it had not been looked at yet , but the previous person told me I was awarded 15 points . 

It’s amazing how you can get so many different answers from their service centres !

thank you for your reply 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome,

Yes, indeed! Sometimes they just tell you what they want to and have no idea what they are talking about. Like i said, it would have been impossible for the previous person to know what points you scored.

Once you receive that report pay particular attention to the LCW and LCWRA recommendations towards the back of the report. If you need help to understand it just come back and i'm sure someone will help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's so frustrating when they give mixed or garbled advice such as that @AWilson198911
    I'm glad you were finally able to get them to send a copy out and I hope it arrives quickly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.