New PIP application — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New PIP application

Options
HarmstonRebecca
HarmstonRebecca Community member Posts: 5 Connected
I've had Crohns and short bowel syndrome for 14 years. I also have spondylopathy and severely compressed leg nerves, anxiety and severe arthritis in one knee. I am a blue badge holder and wear a prescribed leg brace for bad knee.

A few years ago, before the spine problems, I tried to claim PIP and failed. I'm not working as I was bullied out of my last job years ago but I do voluntary work. I'm not eligible for any work related benefits.

I'm starting a new claim for PIP. I have registered with the NHS and have access to partial GP records. I have my hospital notes and mri scans and xrays from the hospital. This includes images of scans.

I just wondered if anyone has any advice. I dont know if I should send everything in and if I need to try and explain the scans and images?

I'm reaching a point where my health is getting worse. I find it hard to do some day to day tasks. I have no friends left because they couldn't cope with crohns and generally would like to see if I can have some financial support to help with my illness.

The blue badge was awarded recently, without assessment, but I'm not sure which medical condition meant I qualified.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Remember PIP is about your ability to manage cope in relation to the PIP descriptiors safely, repeatably and in a timely manner. PIP is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking. So read the descriptors carefully before filling out the application forms or take a self test being honest with yourself as the answers you submitted in the application form will have to be justified at your F2F assessment. 
  • HarmstonRebecca
    HarmstonRebecca Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    Ok. Thank you. It's such a horrible form to complete. I will look at the descriptors.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.