Decision made — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision made

Options
M_Eandme
M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
My pip award ended 2nd November for which i had standard on both, had my f2f and just received decision today, still awarded my daily living but only 4 points on mobility  so will be MR  it, question is will i still receive my monthly daily living amount while i MR it? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, as you have an award in place you'll continue to be paid the new award rate while waiting for the MR. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • M_Eandme
    Options
    Thats good to know thanks, ive already put in so much evidence from my gp, ot, rheumatologist any advice what new evidence i could get for my MR 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome,

A couple of real life examples for each descriptor that applies to you is just as good. Less is more when it comes to evidence and you can't send what you don't have. Paying for a letter from a GP when they rarely know how your conditions affect you, is a waste of money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • M_Eandme
    Options
    Thank u, i had a brilliant doc who done me a great letter last year 4 pages in detail, but moved since and not keen on my new doctor, was thinking to ask for a letter but like u say prob a waste of money, i did include my old gp letter already, i will give some examples like u say 
  • meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    Options
    Hi April my pip.end 2 weeks ago I fil form still wait i am panic anxiety i am already darkness my life this wait make me more sick 
  • M_Eandme
    Options
    @poppy123456.... my previous award ended on 2nd nov, i had to do a complete new pip2 form which process started on sept 11th. Ive got my backpay coming tomorrow which covers me from 2nd November till this week - i can see why, question is as i had to start from scratch again rather than review due to winning my appeal last year, shouldnt my back pay be from start of process on 11th September as it a new claim ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @M_Eandme no because you still had a PIP award until the 2nd Nov. As it ended on that date then you will be backdated to that date, which is correct. If you were backdated to 11th September then you would end up owing them money because isn't your new award lower than the previous one?
  • M_Eandme
    Options
    Yes poppy i lost my mobility, ok thanks for explaining x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.