We're on u/c is there any thing I can get to help us? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We're on u/c is there any thing I can get to help us?

Options
chrissie62
chrissie62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have bsm and other illness but my bsm as been really bad for a good two months we’re on u/c and I get pip and my partner get careers for me but the last two months we have found it hard to live as I have had to have loads of extra cost like extra heating electric and toilet stuff plus new under wear and bottoms plus pj as the bsm as soiled them plus sheets we can’t afford to go on like this it’s not fair on my partner he gets no breaks from helping me and I can’t get out as am getting weaker every day is there any thing I can get to help us

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chrissie62

Good Evening & Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

Do you have a local CAB office as they tend to be very helpful in these situations.

We have also got a helpline 800 8080 3333

You can contact them 1st thing tomorrow a they will also be able to help you with things.

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

May i ask if either of you claim extra money for having limited capability for work under UC? if you do, are you claiming the extra LCWRA element which is £336 per month?

There's also the warm home discount you can apply for, if your energy supplier is part of the scheme, although it maybe too late to apply for this year but you'll need to check for sure. This will give you £140 towards your electric bill. See link for details.

You can also refer yourself for a needs assessment and you can do this through your local council. Someone will come to your home and assess your needs and you maybe entitled to some help with your care. See link. Also you can refer yourself through this link. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

At the same time your partner can also have a carers assessment carried out, for this see link here. https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/practical-support/getting-care-and-support/carers-assessment

It won't be an immediate decision because like everything there will most likely be a waiting list, but it's a start. Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @chrissie62. I'm sorry to read that you're struggling financially at the moment.
    Poppy and Steve have given you some great advice, but if you need any more information about the things they've mentioned, please don't hesitate to ask. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.