I just had a home visit medical assessment today for ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I just had a home visit medical assessment today for ESA

minx77
minx77 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have Lupus and I just had a home visit medical assessment today for ESA,  my anxiety was so high I cried within 2 minutes of the appointment.  Now im crashing...... hard and I'm feeling so much pain throughout my body and just off,  if that makes sense.  Does anxiety exacerbate your pain or bring on a flare, I'd be interested to know your take on stress and disease. Thanks for your time,  wishing you all love and blessings xx

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @minx77 - Welcome to the community, 'tho I'm sorry to read about your disorder, as I know it can be so difficult, & also your assessment today. Sadly stress may undoubtedly increase pain from a medical point of view, as I'm sure others here may also testify. On a practical note, I will ask @poppy123456 to see if she may help you further.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. I'm sorry to hear that your assessment was so stressful today. Thankfully that part is now done with, at least that's what i always think.

Yes, stress and anxiety can trigger many different conditions and pain being one of them. I suffer from a few different conditions and stress is my biggest trigger that makes my pain go off the scale.

Wait a week and then give DWP a ring to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they most go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @minx77 and a very warm welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear that the assessment was so stressful for you. I really hope you have been able to have some time to relax and please do let us know if we can help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.