Just been told don't need to go for lcw assessment, what could happen now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just been told don't need to go for lcw assessment, what could happen now?

Options
margokilna
margokilna Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi can you advise plz just been told don't need to go for lcw assessment been completed do you know what could happen now ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

If you've had a paper based assessment then you'll need to wait for a decision to be made. You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

May i ask if this is your first ever work capability assessment? Or are you currently in a group?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • margokilna
    Options
    I was in receipt of lcw and e s a also severe disability premiums all of this stoped when my partner who is in full time employment moved in I still get my d.l.a. I asked for uc as was told would be able to get my law transferred I am still waiting for a dession have been since 25 September  is there any thing I can do now ? Thanks 
  • margokilna
    Options
    I was in the group I've been ill for many years have never been for a medical and this is the first l.c.w that I have been asked to fill in thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you transferred from ESA then your ESA award should have transferred across to UC. If your ESA claim originally started before April 2017 then you should have continued to receive the extra LCW element of UC.

You will of course completely lose the SDP because the disability premiums don't exist under UC.

If you've recently filled out a new work capability assessment then you'll need to wait for a decision on that claim. If no face to face assessment is needed then you can't be found fit for work without an assessment so the decision will either be LCW or LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @margokilna and welcome to the community. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long,  your LCW should have transferred with your ESA. I hope you hear back soon.

Thanks for all your help here @poppy123456. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • margokilna
    Options
    Thankyou I just received a phone call they have awarded me l.c.w.r.a and back dated until the day I put in for it I just came across this site today you'd are doing a great job as there must be a lot of people in my position thanks a lot 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's great @margokilna, really pleased for you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • margokilna
    Options
    Thankyou very much you'd all do a great job and help people by answering the question we put to you thanks again .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.