If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Would really appreciate your help

oliveroneoliverone Posts: 2Member Listener
I am disabled on ESA and highest rate of pip...staying with my friend but I need an adapted detached 1 bed bungalow with garden...I am on the council waiting list but nothing seems to come up...at my wits end...I am severely disabled in both hands...on heavy painkillers and anxiety medication...nobody seems to care...
Would really appreciate your help


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 16,266Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

    I'm one of the community champions here on scope. It can be extremely difficult to get a bungalow with most councils because there's usually very few available, especially if you're under the age requirement because most of them have rules that you need to be older than 55/60.

    Have you thought about sheltered housing? this maybe an option, or possible a ground floor flat?
  • oliveroneoliverone Posts: 2Member Listener
    I am 55 poppy...I might consider other options
    Thank you for your reply
Sign in or join us to comment.