Income support question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Income support question

starbuck
starbuck Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
I couldn't find a dedicated income support page so will stick this here. 
I know this is tiny thing but with my anxiety I wittle about such things! 
I was checking back through my bank statements and found I was paid £1.45 less in my income support back in the middle of April, just before the rate went up. 
I was on the phone to is about something else today so asked them why one payment was less and they said it happens every year to everyone before the rates are increased. Is this true? Does everyone lose a pound or two each April before they're given an increase? The answer completely baffled me! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There hasn't been an increase in Income support for a few years and the amount has been the same at £73.10 per week. Looking back on previous threads of yours i see that you're claiming carers allowance and that's the reason you're claiming Income support.

Carers allowance and the carers premium will be slightly increased each April and the way the weeks work out may affect the amount you receive very slightly. I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • starbuck
    starbuck Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    Ah right, thankyou ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.