Post office saying it not delivered. Will they stop my ESA payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post office saying it not delivered. Will they stop my ESA payment?

Bmccabe20
Bmccabe20 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all can some 1 plz give me some advice!
I have served 18 years in h.m forcers and I am on esa as I suffer bad with PTSD and copd I have returned a esa50 form on the 3rd dec and got a receipt and needs signing for it had to be in by the 6th December but post office saying it not delivered yet I'm am totally worried they may stop my payment on 23rd dec as I am already struggling and can do with out extra pressure or depression how long will the dwp give me before they stop my ESA. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bmccabe20 - I'll ask @poppy123456 to look into this for you as she has the best understanding of anyone here about benefits.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @chiarieds for the tag.

Hi and welcome @Bmccabe20

I must admit that's posting it back with just 3 days until the deadline is a little risky. Next day signed for delivery means nothing for DWP because it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail and not someone from DWP.

Having said that, you say you've checked Royal Mail tracking with the number you have on the receipt and it states it's not arrived yet? is that correct? If so then you'll need to contact Royal Mail to see what's happened because it should have been signed for by someone from Royal Mail by now.

For your ESA, the only exception to the rule of returning the form within the timescale are those that are claiming for mental health. If your mental health is noted on the computer with DWP then you won't be found fit for work for failing to return the form, the assessment will go ahead without that form. My advice is to ring DWP when they open at 8 this morning to ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.