Hi, my name is j4eyes! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is j4eyes!

Options
j4eyes
j4eyes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I am Jane.  I am a work injured nurse who suffers chronic pain and reduced mobility.  I use sticks to get to my car but need a wheelchair to get any further.  
It does get me down but I try to keep upbeat, but find it difficult sometimes.  

Comments

• j4eyes
    j4eyes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I also have chronic illness too!  Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma, although is less problematic recently.  

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @j4eyes welcome to scopes online community. I'm Tammy one of the volunteer community champions here on the site here to help in any way I can. I'm sorry to hear you have a chronic illness I do too and I know how difficult it can make every day life. Take a look around the online community and I hope you find the site helpful and friendly. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need to talk or have any questions.
    Take care 
    Tammy ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @j4eyes - Welcome to this very supportive community. I think many of us feel like you. I also fight a daily struggle with chronic pain which affects my mobility too. Having been a physio, I exercise daily & find that helps me to a certain extent. Often it's a combination of things that a person finds might help them battle pain.
    As Tammy says, please have a look around this forum & join in any discussions. Please also say if you have any queries, there's usually someone here that might just have the answer.
  • lisa1986
    lisa1986 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Hi j4eyes! I too suffer chronic illness I have copd and severe bipolar anxiety and seasonal effective disorder 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @j4eyes and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of your health struggles.  I too walk with crutches and use them indoors, but have to use my wheelchair outside and have some pain also, so I can relate to how you feel that way.  Staying upbeat as you are doing is half the battle and you sound like a very determined person which is great.  We are all here to support you on the Community and we are a friendly bunch of people so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  There are many lovely people on here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and meet some new friends too.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway and if there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome @j4eyes. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lisa1986
    lisa1986 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Hi @j4eyes??? welcome and ur a true inspiration 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @j4eyes. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.