Name your best childhood memory — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Name your best childhood memory

Options
Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
What is your favourite childhood memory? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a great idea @Tammyjane33! It would have to be going to Disney land in Paris as it was just after I had a procedure on my legs so it was the first time I was able to walk for longer and nearly keep up with my younger brother!
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's got to be all the concerts I went to from the age of 4 up until my teens. The rush after school to get there on time, not getting home until 1 or 2 in the morning - sometimes a cheeky McDonalds on the way home. Then all ready for school in the morning...and I never fell asleep in class once!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The school summer holidays. Two weeks away (Canvey Island, IOW, Plymouth, never been abroad) and lots of day trips down London. The zoo was my favourite.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a few good ones. This is my favorite childhood memory of all time however. 

Once in the summer of 2004 I went to the seaside (Brighton) with my parents for two or three days as a mini vacation. I was seven years old at the time. We spent the previous couple of nights in a nice hotel. My family and I munched sandwiches whilst sitting on a bench on the pier for lunch on the second day of the trip . The beach was crowded that day. Before lunch we visited the arcades and tried to win a prize but failed. 

As we were strolling about on the pier after lunch, I realised that my necklace was missing. I was slightly upset. I never saw that necklace disappear and someone had kindly given me it for my fifth birthday less than three years earlier. It was a birthday gift that I loved truly and wore on special outings. 

But my favorite memory is of me going on the rides. We had a lovely time at the shops too later that afternoon. It made up for my disappointing arcade experience. We even played in a playground in Brighton as well on the last day of the trip. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.